Document: DCoG Online Social Media Principles
Every day, people discuss and debate the South African Government and its departments in thousands of online conversations. DCoG recognizes the vital importance of participating in these online conversations and are committed to ensuring that they participate in online social media the right way.
These Online Social Media Principles have been developed to help empower DCoG employees to participate in this new frontier of marketing and communications, represent our department, and share the optimistic and positive spirits of our brand.
The vision of the Department to achieve sustainable growth online and offline is guided by certain shared values that we live by as an organization and as individuals:
- LEADERSHIP: The courage to shape a better future;
- COLLABORATION: Leveraging our collective genius;
- INTEGRITY: Being real;
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Recognizing that if it is to be, it’s up to me;
- PASSION: Showing commitment in heart and mind;
- DIVERSITY: Being as inclusive as our brands; and
- QUALITY: Ensuring what we do, we do well.