Document: ICT Trends on the Status and Use of ICTs in the Western Cape
Reports on results of study. Gives a lot of statistical data.
- Develop policies that will advocate for provincial and local standards.
- Develop policies and standards to manage networks and security risks.
- DPLG should include the funding of local government ICT projects under the Municipal Systems Infrastructure Grant (MSIG).
- Increase investment in skills
- Local governments to seriously consider implementing cost-saving practices such as coordinated procurement and the development of policies to support the standardisation of systems.
- Establish ICT management structure in all municipalities.
- Develop a strategy towards interconnecting networks to reduce duplication and increase effectiveness
Table of Contents
- Provincial Growth Development Plan
- Report Structure, Methodology and Response
- CEI (Centre for eInnovation)
- Outsourced services
- Future Investments
- ICT Projects
- ICT Budgets Provincial / Local